20.7.06

Why Old Media Should Embrace New Media: Classic Example

George Santayana said "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." Throughout the history of media, old media have tended to fight new media rather than embrace it. Here's another example and I post it here so that anyone trying to hold back interactive television or IPTV are better served by embracing new media.


"Radio Gains Listeners With Web Presence, between June 2005 and June 2006, 12 leading radio Web sites posted total unique audience growth of 33.5 percent." In addition, radio stations from around the world can be listened to at work. I would hypothesize that most of the listening is to local stations. On the other hand, it's also reasonable to hypothesize that people who have moved from one city to another (i.e., perhaps a distance of 50 or more miles) may continue to listen to the stations they were used to before moving.




You may use this content (better still, argue with me!), but please cite my ideas as © 2006, Dr. Bruce Klopfenstein. Find any typos! Don't smite me, let me know! Best viewed in Firefox thanks to Microsoft going its own way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home