iTV Sites Update: 6 November 2006
The following results were found from a search on Google using these 4 keywords:
interactive television demonstration projects 2006
They are listed in the order given by Google to utilize Google's metadata solutions. I chose which made the most sense for my work. There are so many interactive television projects from the past (1980s through the 2000s that no longer exist that I added 2006 to the seearch keywords).
- ATSC Does Interactive TV Demonstration Project from tvtechnology.com which also has many more links.
- Interactive Television Made Easy This course aims to introduce participants to the latest research on interactive television and how the broader digital design community can contribute more easily to iTV service creation. The course includes a FREE introduction to the iTV creation toolset, SATSUMA.
NMK is a learning and business information hub for companies and individuals working in UK digital media. NMK runs an open-access website, http://www.nmk.co.uk/, packed with articles, commentary and white papers. In turn, we produce a programme of topical and high-level events and courses, perennially well received due to the extensive research NMK undertakes to provide the broadest and most relevant perspectives. All events are offered at minimal cost to delegates to provide an accessible mix of knowledge and experience sharing combined with networking opportunities.
- Interactive Tele-Journalism A platform for low cost, live, interactive news television that is in development (ITJ Project Beta Released August 2006).
- OpenCable™ technology
- http://www.glowpoint.com/ is a company that was pushing into a variety of video products. Their earnings report webcast on 20 April 2006 is a study in how competitive this business has already become. This webcast covers a the company's restructuring. In addition, it shows how perilous it can be to get excited about a press release.
- The Future of Television in Canada Prepared for the The Banff World Television Festival 2006: June 8, 2006
- 2007 International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces Since 1997, the annual conferences on Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI) have been the principal international forums for the presentation and discussion of outstanding research and applications involving intelligent user interfaces, a field that intersects Human Computer Interaction and Artificial Intelligence.
You may use this content (better still, argue with me!), but please cite my ideas as © 2006, Dr. Bruce Klopfenstein. Find any typos! Don't smite me, let me know!