6.11.06

Back in the Saddle Again

Lots of news from me and the University of Georgia. First, we are now a member of the New Media Centers Consortium (http://www.nmc.org) which will make it easier for us to get hardware and software for interactive television research. Second, I'm under contract with the new owner of Lawrence Erlbaum Associates to finish my book on interactive television. I've given myself a very tight schedule in order that it be ready for fall 2007 (which is unrealistic unless I pull a rabbit out of my hat...which I've done before). Third, we've been offered new digs as to where the iTV lab will go which includes many offices of various sizes. So, now is the time to get to work. It's aways easier for me to write when the weather turns grey and chilly.

So, see http://www.nmc.org for what other members are doing and I believe we are the only ones working with interactive television (although that will surely change and quickly as other North American academics will be jumping on the band wagon now that it's clear iTV is here to stay.



You may use this content (better still, argue with me!), but please cite my ideas as © 2006, Dr. Bruce Klopfenstein. Find any typos! Don't smite me, let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home